Don't forget to photograph your art!

I just started this blog recently and loaded up some of my artwork.  My problem is that with all the paintings I've done over a span of 40 years or so, I've had the habit of not photographing them before they were gone, sold, or in cases witha couple of  my murals, they were eventually destroyed in a fire or painted over by new owners of buildings. In this way I must have let thousands of my original paintings slip through my fingers without getting their images for a portfolio. If I ever get the chance I may have to track some down and get hi-res photographs of them. If you are an artist and reading this, don't make the mistake I did. Always get  good photos of all your work, and share it with the world!
                                                          my 1983 conte drawing of John


No comments:

Post a Comment